Chicago, Ill. (Sept. 28, 2020) — Irvine Company announced today several new and expanded leases totaling more than 144,000 square feet at 300 North LaSalle, Chicago’s iconic 60-story vertical campus located on the north bank of the Chicago River, One North Wacker, the contemporary 51-story workplace community in the heart of the Loop, and 71 South Wacker, the 48-story iconic trophy tower in downtown Chicago.
“We are excited that these highly respected companies have chosen One North Wacker, 71 South Wacker and 300 North LaSalle to either establish or expand their workplace home,” said Greg Tait, senior leasing director for Irvine Company’s Chicago portfolio. “We continuously enhance our differentiated workplace communities to create environments where companies can flourish. In addition to premier workspaces that enhance their growth, our customers benefit from flexible lease options and premier amenities for a convenient workday.”
A few of the leases at 300 North LaSalle include:
- Vestian, a contemporary workplace solutions firm, who doubled its leased footprint to 7,102 square feet
- LoanCore Capital, a privately-held asset management firm, who signed a lease for 4,521 square feet
Some of the leases at One North Wacker include:
- In-telligent, a Chicago-based technology company, who leased 7,753 square feet
- Chicago Partners Wealth Advisors, who renewed and expanded its lease to occupy 6,712 square feet
- Hana2.0 Property Group, who leased 3,838 square feet
- James Denny, a retired corporate executive who renewed his lease for 2,528 square feet
- Periscope Equity, an entrepreneurial private equity firm who expanded its lease by 2,287 square feet and renewed 3,028 square feet
Some of the leases at 71 South Wacker include:
- Drift Net Securities, a Chicago-based startup, who signed a lease for 10,136 square feet
- Reply, a Global Consulting System Integration and Digital Service company who signed a lease for 4,885 square feet
- Consolidated Trading, a well established trading operation, who renewed its lease for 14,222 square feet
Irvine Company understands the importance of planning for a healthy return to work. The company partnered with one of the nations world-class health care providers, UCI Health, to review and enhance its comprehensive program to help companies come back with confidence to its more than 4 million square feet of workplace communities in Chicago.
The company’s coronavirus-related health and safety plans and protocols include:
- Enhanced ventilation and air filtration systems
- Touch-free enhancements
- The placement and number of hand sanitizing stations
- Disinfection protocols that exceed CDC guidelines
- A robust education communication program on topics such as physical distancing and the importance of face coverings
- Enhanced safety protocols for elevator use, along paths of travel and in shared common areas such as restrooms and outdoor workspaces
- Ongoing research into emerging technology surrounding virus mitigation technology
Irvine Company began implementing the comprehensive safety policies and protocols immediately after the pandemic began by leveraging the unique depth of its subject matter experts and through relationships with national partners.
Irvine Company entered the Chicago market in 2010, when it acquired the 48-story, 1.5-million square foot 71 South Wacker. The tower’s elegant elliptical design offers expansive views and houses prestigious customers in hospitality, legal, financial services and technology, including IBM and the law firm Mayer Brown LLP.
In 2014, Irvine Company acquired the 60-story 300 North LaSalle. From its commanding location overlooking the Chicago River, the property’s setting provides access to the River North neighborhood, including the area’s finest restaurants, shops and entertainment. The property’s customers include Kirkland & Ellis, Chicago’s biggest law firm, and management consulting firm Boston Consulting Group.
One North Wacker is situated in the heart of the Loop. Its iconic architecture coupled with modern stainless steel and glass design make it one of the most prestigious locations in downtown Chicago.
All three workplace communities are also Wired Certified Platinum, verified and recognized for their best in class telecom infrastructure and superior internet connectivity.
Irvine Company’s Chicago portfolio comprises 4.2 million square feet in three Class A+ office high-rise properties that feature the company’s signature amenities, The Commons and KINETIC. The Commons provides comfortable, WiFi-enabled spaces for employees to work, meet, innovate or simply take a break, while KINETIC is a fitness and wellness movement offering a state-of-the-art fitness center and workplace wellness programming.
About Irvine Company Office
As a long-term owner who continuously reinvests in its properties and services, Irvine Company has evolved the traditional office to something much more: vibrant workplace communities. A place where collaboration is encouraged, and creativity is enabled to elevate business success. The company serves more than 3,000 customers in 50 million square feet of premier workplace communities in Orange County, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley and San Diego, as well as iconic trophy towers in Chicago and New York. Timeless design and quality craftsmanship is paired with Irvine Company’s permanent time horizon, customer-centric brand and pride of ownership.